Wednesday, August 4, 2010

pool day....

We have a pool in our backyard, but sometimes it's fun to shake things up and head down to the public pool in south Scottsdale!  We usually go with friends, so it's always a good time for me and the kids :)  Growing up we lived near there, so we spent a LOT of time there, like every day!  And back then, it was only a pool with two diving boards, and a little kiddie pool....nothing special.  Now there are two slides, and the two diving boards, a basketball hoop, and a big play thing-a-ma-jig for the kids with beach entry pool.  Pretty cool!  We don't live all that close anymore, but have made it there a handful of times this summer.   And we'll get one more hoorah down there before it closes for the year!  Here are a few pictures from the last time we were there a few weeks ago....We didn't get a storm, but it was threatening!
IMG_0110

IMG_0020

IMG_0083

IMG_0089
And have I ever mentioned that my hubby loves to take lightening pictures?  Anytime we have a good show, he is up on the roof with the tripod!  Here are a couple from a storm a few weeks ago...
IMG_9919-1

IMG_9932
Pretty awesome!
What has been one of your favorite summer activities?  I can't believe that it's almost over and school will soon be back in session! I will say tho, that as much as I have enjoyed this summer,  I am quite ready for the kids to be out of my hair there to be a schedule again, and for some quieter days!  :)

1 comment:

  1. I am a little nervous about school starting! For Drew anyways:) Fun pool pictures. We have spent lots of time at the library, reading and quite a few times at a pool! Would love to someday have one right in the backyard;)

    ReplyDelete